Home » Contact » Complaints

Making a complaint or suggestion

RAMH aims to deliver high quality mental health services.  We recognise there may be occasions when we do not achieve the high standards we and others expect of us.  This page indicates the action you can take to allow us to deal with your complaint and seek a speedy resolution.

Our Aim

Above all our aim is that you receive a quality service, provided with respect and we will do everything we can to support you and listen to what you have to say.  If we do not meet this expectation, please let us know, so we can try to resolve this with you.  Speak to us - your voice is very important.


All members of staff are willing to accept suggestions.  They will listen and discuss any thoughts and ideas you may have.

They can also assist you to put your ideas in a letter to the Organisation or advise you who else can help to get your ideas heard.


How do I complain?

You may wish to use an informal route and raise your complaint directly with the person or people you are unhappy with.  Complaints can often be dealt with satisfactorily by immediate explanation or apology.  We would hope that in most situations this informal approach will be adequate.

If you are not satisfied with this approach you may want to use our formal complaints procedure.  A formal complaint can be made in writing by completing our complaints form below.

Your communication should indicate what or who you wish to complain about, and include any detail you feel is relevant.  If you need help in making your complaint this can be provided by RAMH – or you may choose someone to assist you.  You can also contact an Advocacy Worker for advice.

A more detailed explanation of the complaints and suggestions procedure is available on request.


What will happen if I make a complaint?

  1. A complaint should be made in writing or video recording to the Head of Operations, who will acknowledge receipt within 5 working days.
  2. The Head of Operations will pass your complaint onto an investigation officer, who will then get in contact with you. The Head of Operations will then contact you within 14 days to see if you are satisfied.
  3. If you are not happy with the outcome of the investigation, you may appeal. An Appeal Panel will be formed consisting of the Chairperson, and one member of the Executive Committee, and including at least one person independent of the organisation.  They will arrange to meet with you and a representative if you wish to discuss your appeal.  You will be advised of their decision within 10 days of the appeal meeting.  Their decision forms the final stage of the complaints procedure.
  4. If there needs to be any variation on the timetable indicated above, you will be advised of the reasons and a revised timetable provided.
  5. You are also entitled to register your complaint separately with the local authority. They have their own complaints procedure.
  6. If you require help to use a local authority procedure this can be provided.

These procedures are not the only way of making your voice heard.  You may contact MP’s, Councillors, Mental Welfare Commission, the Care Inspectorate, Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire or North Ayrshire Social Work Department and the Citizen Advice Bureau, as well as others of your own choice.

Contact telephone numbers for all of these agencies can be obtained from the Information Worker in Renfrewshire Tel: 0300 3001 199,

East Renfrewshire Tel: 0141 577 3001, North Ayrshire 01294 310000.

Submit a complaint or suggestion

You can submit a complaint in writing to Head of Operations, RAMH, 41 Blackstoun Road, Paisley, PA3 1LU or complete the digital form below.